Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ten Things You Never Knew About Scarlett Johansson

By Beth Hilton, Entertainment Reporter : Scarlett Johansson is just a tad annoying, wouldn't you say? Not only has she been voted the sexiest woman alive, she's managed to enchant Woody Allen and dated the likes of Ryan Reynolds, Jared Leto and Josh Hartnett. Dolly Parton, Jenna Jameson and Courtney Love are all clammering for her to play them in a slew of biopics, David Bowie describes her singing as "mystical" and she's about to try her hand at directing. Oh, and Natalie Portman wants to grab her boobs! All this and she's just 23 years old. As 'ScarJo' slips on a corset and a British accent in The Other Boleyn Girl, we unveil ten fascinating facts about Hollywood's most sought-after star.

1. Scarlett was born in New York to a Danish dad and a Bronx-born Polish mum. As well as twin brother Hunter, who was born three minutes after her, she has a sister Vanessa and brother Adrian.


2. Scarlett had her heart set on movie stardom from an early age. She says: “When I was three, I used to tell my Mom I had a fire in my brain to act.”


3. Scarlett's been terrified of cockroaches ever since she woke up with one on her face. Yikes!


4. Scarlett lost out to little Lindsay Lohan for the role of a pair of mischievous identical twins in 1998 film The Parent Trap.


5. Despite having already starred in six previous movies, Scarlett was given an "introducing" credit for 1998 tear-jerker The Horse Whisperer!


6. Being romantically linked with Patrick Swayze would be Scarlett's "dream come true" and she reckons John Travolta "has everything I'm looking for in a man". She's not exactly immune to the Hoff either, describing him as "a hunk".


7. Scarlett's sex symbol status was sealed by a lingering shot of her knicker-clad rear in Lost in Translation. She says of the scene: "I told the director of photography that if he made my arse look bad he'd never work again!" "He was like, 'I promise you - it will look really nice', and he came through. My arse looked OK." Men around the world tended to agree.


8. Scarlett once named 71-year-old Woody Allen the sexiest man in Hollywood. She gushes: "He lets me call him Woodrow... I'd sew the hems of his pants if he asked me to." Allen in turn calls her "criminally sexy". Get a room, people!


9. Scarlett is no shirker in the charity department. She's an Oxfam ambassador, skipped last year's Oscar parties to visit India and Sri Lanka, donated cash to a Sri Lankan school and visited troops in Iraq. Angelina, eat your heart out.


10. Scarlett is nuts about cheese. She says: "My greatest vice is cheese. Nothing else reigns over my life."


news source : http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/

No comments: