Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sweet Scarlett, Don't Do it!

For those of you itching to see more of (in a skin sense) Scarlett Johansson and are still bitter about the rumored topless scene excised from "The Island", it is a good bet that your wish may be granted with "Amazon". Financing (Signature Pictures) and screenwriting (Dirk Blackman and Howard McCain - The folks who recently wrote the upcoming Karl Urban Viking picture "Outlander") are now underway.

I have a mondo-gigantic thing for Ms. Johansson. She is gorgeous and her acting exudes style, intelligence and wit (even in a Michael Bay picture) rounded out with her signature coy dead-pan. That being said, I'm a bit skeptical of her as an Amazonian warrior exacting vengeance for her people in the year 200 B.C. Talk about casting against type.


I'd rather see her in a Sophia Coppola, Jim Jarmusch or Wes Anderson picture over a big budget star vehicle. I suppose I should be consoled with the fact that she has two Woody Allen pictures on the way ("Matchpoint" and "Scoop"), Brian De Palma's adaptation of James Ellroy's "The Black Dahlia", and Neil Jordan is also set to drop her into 15th century Rome opposite Collin Farell in "Borgia." That is eclectic enough to warrant the silliness of Amazon (Hey, I want to be proved wrong here, but come-on, I'm getting a Barbarella feeling about this...)
I'm going now to re-watch my Ghostworld DVD for the 15th time.

news source : http://twitchfilm.net/

No comments: